Our vision defines the overall outcome that we are working towards.
Our mission describes our purpose and unique contribution.
Our values are the key beliefs and principles that underlie our thinking and actions.
Thriving, inclusive communities that value and nurture recovery, resilience and hope for all.
Improving the well-being of our community through advocacy and the provision of safe, inclusive, and accessible mental health and addiction services.
Our Key Values and Principles
We believe in:
We build on the strengths of people and support their involvement in decisions that affect their lives
We respect the dignity, integrity, beliefs and cultures of all people
We build strong relationships with all stakeholders including the people we serve, our colleagues, partners and funders
We encourage new ways of working that are responsive to emerging trends and practices
We are committed to quality, consistency, continuous improvement and transparency
We believe that:
- Mental health is an integral component of total health
- Every individual has the right to equal access to the basic requirements of life and to make choices to enhance the quality of life
- Every individual should assume both his/her roles and responsibilities to the best of his/her capabilities
- Every individual has the right to confidentiality
- Every individual should be encouraged to exercise his/her potential
- Every individual with a mental health problem or illness has these same rights and responsibilities
We strive to ensure that mental health services:
- Are designed and implemented through a process that involves potential clients and concerned others
- Encourage self-sufficiency and individual autonomy
- Involve the family and caring others
- Are available and accessible within the client’s community whenever possible
- Are provided by both professionals and volunteers acting in a responsible and accountable manner
- Include both community-based and institutional settings
- Are supported with the necessary physical and human resources