The Dual Diagnosis Program is part of the Regional Specialized Mental Health Program of the North Bay Regional Health Centre. The clinical team strives to optimize the quality of life of adults diagnosed with a developmental disability and serious mental illness by providing a psychiatric consultation and ongoing treatment through a consultative/liaison model, ultimately reducing the need for hospitalization or institutional care.
Program Activities and Services
- comprehensive psychiatric assessment and treatment
- assessment and monitoring of medical/therapeutic outcomes to prevent initial hospitalization or re-hospitalization
- linking clients to available community services
- providing individual therapy and skill teaching to clients when community services are not available
- providing support and education to client’s support network
- consulting with inpatient clinicians at admission or readmission
- participating hospital discharge planning
- liaising with primary health care providers and psychiatrists
- monitoring medication main and side effects
For more information please call Dual Diagnosis at ext. 228 or ext. 229.